Is anyone else happy to see the end of the week draw near. This week has gone by quickly despite my recent brush with a sinus infection and Colorado welcoming the first day of May with a foot of snow.
Since I am in such a lovely mood today, I felt like sharing a few things that I have been loving lately.
1. Eating breakfast with really small spoons. Okay, so this is not a “lately” thing. I always reach for the smallest spoon/fork/knife. My guess– maybe I think that I am eating more food than I really am. Really though, we have the one tiny spoon at the house, and I kind of hide it so my roommates won’t use it. Don’t judge me, haha.
2. Strength training. Phase 1 of Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer has focused primarily on strength. In this part of the program, she focuses on building muscle, and does not include cardio, which is perfect because currently I am not into the cardio machine thing. In all honesty, I have moved away from actual weight training in the last few months. I am not sure how or when this happened, but cardiovascular exercise soon became my focus. It was probably my new desire to push myself to run more.
3. Counting down the days until Great Gatsby premieres. One of my all time favorite books, and it will be in theaters in less than 8 days.
4. Morning naps. I have a Tuesday/Thursday routine which includes waking up at 5:30 hitting the gym, coming home for breakfast, and possibly squeezing in a nap before work. I know this may sound silly, but it is so nice to have relaxing morning when I know that I have already gotten the gym out of the way and can just be lazy. On the days that I sleep late and try to find time later in the day to get in a workout, I am exponentially more stressed.
5. Easy lunches. I feel like I always struggle when it comes to packing lunches, so the easier the better. Bringing my lunch is important to me for both health and financial reasons. However, consistently doing so is difficult because of time and the fact that my boss goes out to lunch everyday. My usual go-to lunches are sandwiches, one-pot meals, or a mix of whatever I find in my fridge (see below).