Today’s workout was 45 minutes on the elliptical. I love morning workouts, but have gotten away from them because my work schedule has changed.
Some of my Tuesday Eats:
Breakfast: Overnight oats topped with PB & Company Dark Chocolate Dreams
Lunch: 1/2 of left over Turkey Monterrey panini from Corner Bakery plus a side of sugar snap peas
This panini was delicious– smoked turkey, fresh spinach, provolone, and a homemade artichoke asiago spread. I am going to have to attempt my own version soon.
As I waited for my car to get serviced on Monday, I stopped by Barnes & Noble to pass the time with a coffee and a few magazines.
I picked up the latest issue of Women’s Health and found an article I wanted to share with y’all.
Source: Women’s Health Magazine
How to Dream Much Bigger
The article offered four steps to setting and achieving bigger goals.
- Conjure up a lofty goal for yourself– Have a dream in mind? It’s not big enough. I dare you to dream bigger. Often times we set easy goals for ourselves because we fear that if they were any bigger, we couldn’t achieve them. You are capable of so much more than you think you are– don’t let your head defeat a goal before you even attempt to accomplish it.
- Now write it down in the present tense– Do not say “Someday, I will run a marathon” rather something along the lines of ” I run marathons”. Phrasing your dreams this way makes them feel real.
- Make your dreams stretch– Not something you can achieve next week. Also, focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Share your dream with your family and friends– This will ultimately hold you accountable.
In my opinion, there is not a one-size-fits all to setting and achieving goals. Some people do well with several small goes; however, others get lost in the details. I am a bigger picture person, so this article really resonated with me. Plus, my goals tend to be vague; for example, “live healthier” is not really something I can measure. Having a specific goal like “run a marathon” will allow me to concentrate on the smaller steps needed to achieve my dream/goal.
To my readers:
- What is your bigger dream?
- What is your first step to achieving it?